Appeal Funding Partners is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customer’s personal information and ensuring the accuracy of such information. We collect and maintain information about our customers in order for us to conduct our business in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations and provide them with information about our services. Non-public personal information is defined in applicable law and generally means financial information that is identified with you that is not obtainable from a public source.
How We Obtain Personal Customer Information:
We obtain personal customer information directly from our customers, when they establish a client relationship with us, submit an application to us, or provide information to us over the phone or over the internet). We may also obtain information from other sources, such as credit reporting agencies. We maintain the personal information of each of our customers, including, but not limited to, Social Security number, addresses, financial and employment information that is provided to us when an application is submitted to us.
In addition, we analyze our web site traffic and may obtain information such as the e-mail address and other information that a customer provides in conjunction with a request for information or the submission of an on line, the domain name and IP address (e.g., aol.com) that was used to access the Internet; the Internet address which linked to our site (e.g., www.yahoo.com); the type of web browsing software used to view our site; the date, time, and length of visit to our web site; and the areas of our web site that you visited. The information provided on our Web site is encrypted in order to secure information.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
We use your personal information only for legitimate business purposes in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The following summarizes the principal ways in which we use the information:
- To provide you with our services. For example, when you apply for appeal funding online and supply us with personal data (such as your e-mail address), we may use this information to provide you with information that we feel will be of interest to you.
- To protect the security of your personal financial information. For example, we use your personal information for identification purposes to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the history of your business relationship with us.
- To satisfy legal requirements. For example, we might be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with subpoenas, court orders and legal reporting requirements.
- Marketing Messages: We may provide you with information we think may be of interest to you. No information about you or your account will be provided to third party marketers
Sharing Personal Information with Unaffiliated Third Parties:
We do not disclose your personal information to companies or entities that are not affiliated with us, except in the following circumstances:
- Legal Requirements. We might be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with subpoenas, court orders and legal reporting requirements.
- Written Consent. We may disclose your personal information with your written consent, including when you give someone power of attorney or other authorization to act on your behalf.
- Regulators/Auditors/Consultants. We share your information with independent auditors to analyze our operations, and regulatory agencies which may examine our records pursuant to applicable law. If shared, your personal information will be shared with auditors or regulators on a strictly confidential basis.
Protecting Personal Information From Unauthorized Access:
Customer Service telephone number: 1-866-667-1237
Customer Service e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org